So Wednesday was Independence Day, thus we took the day off and celebrated. We went the Salto de Jimenoa for some hiking, then rapelling, some rock climbing, some more hiking and then some cliff jumping. It was a blast. I took a disposable waterproof camera so pictures will be posted once I get home or if I get ahold of someone else's camera. Last sunday I "learned" how to kayak. The only part I mastered was the wet exit, but again it was a ton of fun. The first work team has come and left and so now we are just kind of working around camp trying to get some projects ready for the next work team. I've been cutting/trimming a bunch of trees as well as planting some sod. Every night this week we've been having dinner at someone who is on camp staff's house. It has been fun to get to be with them and there families and see their homes. This weekend Eric (the other intern) and I are going to one of the local Vida Joven (Young Life) leader's house for a few days. It should be pretty fun, Any and Achu were here for the week when the first work team was here and we look forward to seeing their lives and how they do Young Life.
I'm going to do my best one of these days to post some pictures. We have the day off on wednesday do hopefully it will happen then.
Also check out the new JL audio logo, I mean Younglife logo.
No comments:
Post a Comment